This summer our family started listening to a podcast called “Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child.” It’s a radio program that features music for kids (that parents can stomach too).
Their last show featured several school themed songs to celebrate the new year. Chuck Berry’s “School Days” starts the series of school songs 53 minutes and 56 seconds into the program.
Berry’s famous hit is followed by:
- Steve Blunt and Friends – Back to School
- The Hipwaders – Educated Kid
- Monty Harper – Dog Books
- Mr. Billy – The Dog Ate My Homework
- Stephen Fite – Cool To Be In School
- Twink – Alphabent
- Aaron Fowler – Room Mom
- Bill Harley – I Wanna Play
- Imagination Movers – Field Trip
- Milkshake – School
- Barry Louis Polisar – I Don’t Wanna Go to School
- John Hadfield – The Principal’s Office
- Trout Fishing in America – Why I Pack My Lunch
- Asylum Street Spankers – You Only Love Me for My Lunchbox
My apologies to all of you who have already started school. We start late in Wisconsin.