UPDATE (2/1/2017): See the note at the bottom of this post.
Here is a bookmarklet that will add QR codes to the student login cards for your code.org class.
Below is a video explaining how to use this bookmarklet.
I was recently informed by a couple teachers that the bookmarklet doesn’t work. After some investigation, I figured out why. As a security measure, new browser standards have been set that prevent many bookmarklets from working. This security measure is called a Content Security Policy or CSP. The bookmarklet will only work if you disable CSP for the page before running it.
Steps in Chrome:
- Install the Disable content-security-policy Chrome extension
- Load the printable sign in cards page at code.org
- Click the disable content security policy icon to disable CSP
- Reload the page
- Use the bookmarklet as shown in the video above
- Click the disable content security policy icon to re-enable CSP