On June 28th the Senate rejected the Net Neutrality provision.
Who’s for Net Neutrality?
- Tim Berners-Lee writes, “When I invented the Web, I didn’t have to ask anyone’s permission. Now, hundreds of millions of people are using it freely. I am worried that that is going end in the USA.” [full story]
- Watch a quick video from Rocketboom.
- Craig Newmark, from Craigslist.com, speaks on NPR (listen now)
- Listen to Senator Barak Obama’s podcast
- me (hence the lopsided comparison)
Who’s against Net Neutrality?
- Telecom representative Scott Cleland speaks on NPR (listen now)
- Hear Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) talk against net neutrality
Without Net Neutrality could access to services like United Streaming and Cosmeo be restricted in the future? As educators, many of us understand how access affects the digital divide.